06-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #5
Kayevman
kayevman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichitagreg View Post
So I've had my new-to-me M235i since November 2018. About 7,000 miles. I had the oil changed the day I bought it but not at a BMW dealer (used the best full syn Castrol EDGE 5W-40. But I just don't like going that long on oil, so after I finished a 2200 mile trip I sent an email to my "service advisor" requesting an appointment for "an oil change, just an oil change."

I was on time for my appointment today and as I left the car with her I repeated, "just an oil change, any thing else and I'll need a phone call." I waited in the waiting room after drooling over a yellow M5 Competition. or M5 CS or some such $130K car.

So when finished she tells me $155, and I looked at her sheet - they had charged me $15 to top off my washer fluid (which was already full) and $15 for "disk brake cleaner". I was having none of that. So off she goes and after some time she comes back and shows me on her sheet where the cost of the oil was "only $.65" so they made up the difference by adding the $30 on those other two lines. Yeah....I'm still having none of that so she goes and gets her boss. He says the same thing. So I wanted the paper and said I would be contacting BMW about his....wait they said, and took the $30 off, but I have no receipt for the oil change, they kept the paper. Something fishy going on here.

I don't have the sheet, but I remember 1 of oil filter (at a lot of money), 1 of washer fluid at $15, 1 of disk brake cleaner at $15, and 65 of oil at $.65. 65 of $.65 is $42, probably about right. Labor was under $50. Oil filter was very expensive if you ask me. Working backwards...
$45 labor
$15 washer fluid
$15 brake cleaner
$42 oil
$38 oil filter.
These numbers are from memory so are pretty close, but the $42 oil was not listed, it was listed as 65 at $.65.

The reason I went there is I got an email from BMW for $25 off a genuine BMW Oil change, and last time I was in there I asked how much an oil change was and was told about $120. So with $25 off not too bad.

So I ended up getting out of there for about $100, and a really bad taste in my mouth about how they do business. I purchased a very expensive extended warranty and they are my closest dealer, now I'm afraid If I need a claim, they will screw me.

I'll not mention any names but I'll bet you can figure it out. I live in Kerrville TX.
Call the dealer and ask them to mail, e-mail or fax you the receipt.
Appreciate 0