View Single Post
      04-16-2022, 01:13 PM   #31
Shadysu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHP to B58 View Post
No. I have never & would never go WOT uphill. Or downhill.

I only punch it when...

1. Engine/oil/tires have already warmed up. Usually means having driven at least 15 miles or so, if not more.

2. Rolling starts. Never launched before nor do I plan to. Ex: going 45MPH onto a highway on-ramp > see that it's clear ahead > WOT. I'm never looking at the dash the few times I've done this so I don't know what gear it's in or the RPM but it's always the same. Loud gunshots followed by lurching and loss of power. No codes/CEL/shadow codes ever appear, nor does anything indicate that something like that even happened. Let off the gas right away and everything is back to normal.

It does seem to happen more often when burbles are on but not even active (WOT in Comfort mode; burbles only happen in Sport+).

Have you tried completely turning off burbles?
I've been running MHD 93/91 for the past two months on my m240i, Running 5w30, VRSF Downpipe, XHP Stage 3, and a drop in filter, everything else is as I got from the dealer, Haven't had any missfires, and i've even used a flame map, haven't had misfires in the car once, but I never run burbles, I only use the *Braap* feature, and then flames for whenever im on my flame map.

This is on regular stage 2, not +
Canadian Petro 91/94 for my fill ups.

2017 F22 M240i xDrive
Appreciate 0