View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 08:10 AM   #173
JG_Media9
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcmtnbkr View Post
So I just ordered a 8.8inch display through ebay from a salvage yard for one heck of a deal for my 15 M235i production date 10/14. It's from a 12-15 320i. So I think it should work. I started looking into doing the coding and what I would need. I installed a Bimmertech MMI module for the back up camera the video feed signal is routed through the MMI and then out to the display. Through a series of dip switches on the MMI module you can change things like adding additional video inputs. Front camera, rear camera, and screen size and resolution. So I should be able to flip the position of two switches and change the video output from the 6.8 to the 8.8 inch screen. if this works no coding would be needed to change the screen size and resolution.

okay I tried the dip switches no luck the new display only showed no signal at first power on so i am guessing i will need to code for the larger screen. Love my wife she got me a veepeak obd2 reader for xmas. Tried coding a very simply change to the start up display image. Had the coding fail and was unable to restore back to saved file. Found out through bimmercode that the bimmertech MMI module has to be removed and things returned to OEM. I was able to get it to code after bypassing the MMI
yeah, learned this the hard way myself with having to remove my Bimmertech MMI to have the headunit module be able to recognized.