Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
That fitment can work with a smaller than 12mm front spacer with the right suspension setup and a tire that doesn't run too wide. Really an 8mm spacer would be most idea for most cases however you would also need hub extenders as there isn't enough lip exposed with the 8mm size. 12mm ensures there's ample clearance and no issues with vibration, but does require added camber.

This car below has the following specs:
  • F/R: 17x9" et42 ARC8-R with Bridgestone RE71R's in 255/40/17

• 75mm stud conversion
  • 5mm front spacer
  • Swift Spec-R springs (250#F, 600#R, 1" drop)
  • Vorshlag camber plates
  • m-Performance m240i bumpstop
  • front inner fender lips rolled
  • Dinan Shockware upgrade
  • Camber settings: 2.5 deg (F), 1.8 deg (R)

-Ian
Thanks for your input! I was well aware of this setup as well as very other that lives on the internet thanks to an obsessive amount of browsing. I ended up going with the fairly proven 17x8.5 et40 and 245/40 square setup and couldn't be happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
That fitment can work with a smaller than 12mm front spacer with the right suspension setup and a tire that doesn't run too wide. Really an 8mm spacer would be most idea for most cases however you would also need hub extenders as there isn't enough lip exposed with the 8mm size. 12mm ensures there's ample clearance and no issues with vibration, but does require added camber.

This car below has the following specs:
  • F/R: 17x9" et42 ARC8-R with Bridgestone RE71R's in 255/40/17

• 75mm stud conversion
  • 5mm front spacer
  • Swift Spec-R springs (250#F, 600#R, 1" drop)
  • Vorshlag camber plates
  • m-Performance m240i bumpstop
  • front inner fender lips rolled
  • Dinan Shockware upgrade
  • Camber settings: 2.5 deg (F), 1.8 deg (R)

-Ian
Thanks for your input! I was well aware of this setup as well as very other that lives on the internet thanks to an obsessive amount of browsing. I ended up going with the fairly proven 17x8.5 et40 and 245/40 square setup and couldn't be happier!

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/tmwGib.jpg[/img]
What brakes do you have? Any issues with caliper clearance? That's the only thing holding me back from ordering your exact setup.
Appreciate 0