View Single Post
      10-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #12
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

There's always plenty to do, just depends on how far you're willing to go. You can gut various parts of the interior, like the dash, doors, trunk, center console, engine, etc. There's so much random plastic everywhere. As mentioned, you can take off the bumpers (aluminum?) or drill lots of holes. There are lighter brake calipers and 2-piece rotors, along with titanium lug nuts and magnesium wheels. I don't know about cutting the panels to put in CF versions, but I'm sure you can find CF doors in addition to the usual hood and trunk. You're already considering Lexan everywhere, so if you go this way, maybe take out window-related electronics. Speaking of electronics, all the stuff you don't use or need like heated seats, AC, radio, screen, washers, etc can be taken out. You can also drain your windshield washer so you don't have that sloshing around. So much more, and this is before doing any real custom fab work.

Just curious, where were the sound deadening weights placed? I want to rid my car of those.
Appreciate 0