MassNerd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Coupe RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
I think your iRacing laps certainly made a major difference, as even with good instruction most first-timers are not driving the line anywhere near as well as you were in this video. What feedback from your instructor did you find useful?
My instructor wasn't really trying to get me going faster other than pushing me into later braking. I was a little disappointed but also understood it was my first time at the track and some restraint was warranted.

Quote:
What tires and sizes were you using, and how do you think they performed (esp. compared to other tracks on which you may have run them)? Oops...I just noticed this was your first outing with a good deal of negative front camber, so maybe it's not possible to make a useful comparison.
I've currently got 235F/265R Michelin PS4S on the car, a good tire but a little greasy for the track. After the camber plate install, it looks like there is plenty of room to fit 245s up front. Possibly 255s, but I don't want to take the chance. The PS4Ss on there now can't handle another track weekend so I'll be shopping for a new set of 245s soon. Not ready for a dedicated set of track wheels/tires yet. I only do 2 weekends a year.

Quote:
In the event you can use the information, with the TC Kline coilover kit on my car (front: single-adjustable, Koni HD-based, 350# springs; rear: double-adjustable Koni Motorsport-based, 600# springs), I found the only curbs the car didn't like that my old E36 race car with 3-way Motons on it weren't bothered by were the 1st and 3rd curbs in the Bus Stop. My car really didn't like using all of the first curb there, and while it disliked using all of the 3rd curb as well (too bad - that really gives up time!), I could use half of it while still going full-throttle halfway between curbs 2 & 3. That was with Toyo R888R 255s on all four corners – and an LSD. My car was perfectly happy, though, with the exit curbing of T1, T6, the Off-Camber (T9), T10, and T11. Each offers the opportunity to go to full-throttle noticeably sooner when carrying good speed past the apex.
I'm not at the level where I'm able to do that type analysis on my driving . A friend pointed me to Circuit Tools from VBOX though which is pretty awesome. Definitely can compare laps in great detail after the fact. I use Track Addicts to log data while driving (but don't have it visible where I can compare sector times).

Last edited by MassNerd; 08-12-2022 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
dradernh4413.00