View Single Post
      10-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #2
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Departure Day

The big day had finally arrived! We were supposed to wake up at 4am in order to leave for the airport at 5. Instead, I woke up on my own at 2am wide awake and ready to go. I tried for about 10 seconds to convince the sleeping girlfriend that we should just get up now and go early, but she did not share my excitement at this point of the trip.

We use 62,500 FlyingBlue points each (transferred from American Express Membership Rewards) to book our flights from Orange County -> Seattle -> Amsterdam in Delta One (Delta’s idea of First/Business class). Cash flights to Europe are so cheap these days that if you’re going to use points, it makes no so sense to go Economy since you could probably use less points by redeeming points for cash at $0.01/point and then paying cash. This would be my girlfriend’s first time in international business class, yet it seemed I was more excited about that fact than she was.

The flight over was pretty uneventful. I have a huge problem sleeping on planes (even with a flat bed in Business) and this flight was no different. It left Seattle around 1pm and arrived in Amsterdam at 8am local time. I got an hour of sleep, if that. Coincidentally, I’m currently typing this on a flight from LAX to Hong Kong because once again, I couldn’t fall asleep so I finally started writing this report instead.
Appreciate 3
Jason40636.00
Bimmer TV125.00