View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #22
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by f20two View Post
After a few long trips (2+ hours) I've realized I don't like the amount of drone the muffler delete creates.. I wish the aftermarket performance mufflers on the market weren't $1k > !

Beginning my research today to see what else I can do. I might find a used OEM muffler, keep the resonator delete, install a catless DP and then get larger 4" tips.

Any tips?
It's too late now, but for the group, the M Performance muffler for the M235 makes for a wicked, clean, and semi-exotic sound and warble. It's quite a bit louder than the stock unit. Add the a catted downpipe and everything is elevated. Not an ounce of drone either. You can source the MP muffler for around $750 from online BMW parts vendors. Best part, it's a factory piece so is engineered for the car and N55, it fits perfectly, and will last. The stock tips can be reused as well if you want.