View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 11:54 PM   #17
ctemkin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
Well, it seems the iPhone 7 doesn't play well with the AF USB card even with a genuine Apple adapter! So, I then bought the AF Bluetooth module for the amp. Worked for a while and then when I started to play a song the left rear speaker would pop. Contacted Crutchfield and I was sent a new BT module. Same thing. And then the BT module stopped broadcasting its presence. Crutchfield sent me a new amp. Work for a while and the issues returned. I re-installed the AF USB module and bought a Fiio M3 Pro digital music player (www.fiio.com/m3_pro). I had to run a 15' long cable with USB-C at console end and USB-B mini at the amp end. Finally, it all works!!! Dark Side of the Moon as .wav files is unbelievable!
Thanks for the information about using an AF USB module. My amp is the AF 86DSP amp that Bavsound used to sell. I have been trying to figure out a way to bypass the DACs in the head unit and/or amp, and this seems like the best way to do it. It may be possible to use the optical input in the amp, but it looks as if the only DAPs that have optical output are really expensive, and it is quite possible that you could lay out the money for the DAP and find out that it would not play well with the amp. Is it OTG?

One question: where did you get the 15' cable connecting your amp and the Fiio? I have spent a little time looking for exactly this cable and have not found it.
Appreciate 0