View Single Post
      04-23-2020, 02:54 PM   #11
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

OMG

I just finished adding the MEC USB module to the Audiotec-Fischer MARCH 7UP BMW amp.

OMG!!!!!!!

The sound is so spacious and full. I can hear every instrument and every voice so clearly and perfectly. And my hearing is lousy.

I used the BMW tech info system to learn how to remove the part of the console and the rear HVAC duct (www.newtis.info). Basically, the rear bottom seat cushion and the left bolster (sits between the fold down seat back and the left interior panel) come out. The "C" pillar cover comes out too. You definitely need the instructions to do this right!!!! It's all in section 51 of the TIS. The hard part is routing the USB cable from the console to the amp. Getting it under the carpet between the back of the console and the rear seat area is a real PITA. I used a very thing coat hanger and twine. as note, it's a royal PITA. The USB cable has to be at least 10 feet long. I then used a laptop with the Audiotec tuning software to configure the amp. I set it up so that the amp automatically switches to the USB input when there are data on the cable.

One other thing. I have an iPhone so I needed an adapter that converts lightning connector to a USB connector. The one on the apple store in $40, but I found this on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lightning-t...4AAOSwjLxelZcy . And this has a charging port while the apple adapter does not!!!

I have been mod'ing the audio system in my bimmers since the late 1980's and I can say this has been the best investment in upgrade audio I've ever made!!
Attached Images

Last edited by MarcoZandrini; 04-24-2020 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
hlm2c289.50