View Single Post
      02-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #25
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
My previous car was a 330d xDrive Touring. I was apprehensive about going back to RWD on my M235i after this (and 2x previous AWD cars). But I've been won over, I have to say, even in the snow (albeit with square winters). I did retro-fit the BMW M Performance LSD after 18 months - should have done it sooner as it's useful even on public roads. So my view is RWD + MP LSD is better value than xDrive on M235/M240.

I got the HK audio, and it's OK but yes, a bit disappointing on a car in this price bracket. I would have expected better. But not worth a lot of cost/effort upgrading.

Mine's Estoril Blue and I went for this after a string of black, grey and white cars. Still love the colour after 3 years and although black is always very photogenic clean and in the sun, it's a pig to keep clean more than a day or two. Only criticism is I think an even darker blue would look good but not available on the 2 here. Interior is 'Oyster with Dark Oyster Highlights / Black Dakota' leather and High Gloss Black trim. Definitely prefer the HGB trim to really cheap-looking hex or alu but you do have to be careful not to scratch with abrasive cleaners/brushes. Previous Audi was all-black interior and that got funereal in winter.

We went for a convertible. Very glad we did. Had the top down for the first time this year today in brilliant sun 10ºC (50ºF) and as ever, it completely transformed the journey (albeit with heated seats and steering wheel on!). Really, really pleased we went for this. Try one out at least.

Oh, and in case this is important to you - it's still possible to do a reverse J-turn, even with the sports auto (that's where you drive in reverse, fast, then throw the wheel, car does a 180º and you slam the drive into 'D' all without stopping). I did one in a 2018 Euro M140i on a wet-weather training course at Goodwood track in the UK a couple of months ago. Didn't think it was possible in an auto. Obviously very useful if you have to avoid a hit squad in your line of work!

Last edited by msej449; 02-20-2019 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 1