08-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #34
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
ok sorry to re-open,

so after getting my ducks up in a line (not in a row yet LOLZ) I ventured out to Audi dealer at top of my road

saw a nice RED A5 2.0 cab 2014

I'll be honest, it's a nice car, so here's my thoughts on my visit

1> dealership, seemed very friendly, customer orientated, I had booked an appointment, but when I went in, the front desk girl, remembered my name straight off

2> The sales guy, wasn't high pressurized, really easy to deal with,we had a test drive, even when I told him, I needed to think etc, he was dead cool, he did saw, when I'm ready, maybe he can do a better deal end of the month/friday

3> car had no warantee left, but could add 3 years for about 3k

4> Carfax show accident, front left, but not gone through insuarance

5> Car itself felt rock solid, (comparing to the 1'er) the doors slammed heavily, instead of feeling like tin, the top, was 100 times better the the 1'er
driving, was nice and solid, acceleration was good, some toys on there, quattro version, also had the ability to change the drive modes, turbo engine, but the 28 seemed to be more of a pocket rocket, less boot space than the 128 wider, but narrower, good german build quality, this dealership, does loaners for free (as opposed to PFFAF and BUDS) who charge

6> Trade in, pretty much my market value, which he confirmed subject (to appraisal) he'd give me 20 on mine, leaving about 12-15 on the Audi (depending on final haggle and extnded warantee)

Audi was 28 before taxes and fees

didnt have comfort access, and no USB for music needs an adaptor for about $100, can get that thrown in. sound system sounded good

I was really hoping to go in and think, nah the BMW is better, but I was really shocked, felt like a NICE car to drive, very solid and safe (8 year old in the back to consider)

That said, I need to look at a 2 series, which is GOING to be a lot more than 28 at the moment 12-15 is a def not a problem, more would mean finance.

Also brand snobbery, ok, let's talk about the elephant in the room, yeah, we all like the engineering, performace and all that, but driving a BMW, just feels different to driving something else, benz,porsche, but Audi hmmmm....

The styling on the A5 IS nice and the colour is to DIE for, but the 1 and 2 series has a nicer face

SOooooooooooooooo I'm stuck in the middle, I guess I need to go look and drive a 2'er
Sounds familiar....we got taken in at Audi by the smooth/cool sales performance, nice car, etc., etc., and all that vanishes after the sale when all the electronic gremlins start to appear and the brakes warp and the trans can't shift smoothly and the answer is "they all do that", and then Audi of America refuses to stand behind its warranty (it wasn't worth going to court) and has the tech alter the repair order to support their desired outcome. Cutting our losses, we dumped a 2.5 year old $60k+ A6. For the final insult, Audi dealer's used car offer was a lowball; a different brand dealer offered a higher price. Now, we have 4 different models from BMW AG (2 of them Minis) and all is better than very well...the cars' performance and quality have been excellent. We are now NEVER AGAIN for anything VW/Audi. Don't fall for a pretty face. Good luck.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0