View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 11:49 AM   #18
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
A RWD 2 series on appropriate snow tires will be pretty killer, though there's no denying an AWD 2 series on the same snow tires will be even more capable starting out and around turns.

With that said, if you ski all the time and will venture out onto snow covered mountain roads routinely, I don't think I'd be doing it in a 2 series. For 1, winter/snow tires take all the driving fun out of these cars in dry and 40+ temps. And 2, I'd want 4WD on some good, somewhat narrow, slight off-road snow tires. The ground clearance of the 2 series isn't good and you risk damaging the front end on iced clunks from road clearing and other cars.

My RWD M235 6MT on square 225/40R18 winter performance Alpin PA4s is pretty dang good in 3-4 inch snow or less and the hilly areas where I live, but I couldn't fathom driving around on these tires all the time. 3 months is all I can do. They just neuter all the fun.
I have the same Alpin PA4 setup and traction is a joke. Can't wait to get back to summer tires in April. When my 255 MPSS are worn out in late May, I'm pulling the trigger on 265 P4S. I wish we could fit 275's.