View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 02:14 PM   #10
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
So many good running shoes out there now. The different foams are so well developed.

alternating now between two shoe and will probably add a third to the rotation in a month or so.

1) Asics Noosa Tri 13, triathlete shoe - cause it has a comfy inner liner can been worn without socks, a pull-on-tab on the heel for fast transition from bike to running, and an enclosed lacing system you can switch to if you want. The shoe felt funny walking in the store due to the drop and front up-curve. But by my second run (most runs are 8-miles plus) the shoe felt perfect.

2) Puma Velocity Nitro the new Puma are serious, well designed shoes. (Molly Seidel is the brand ambassador now). Where some shoes feel over designed this shoe feels simple with very good cushioning. Great shoe.

I'd been using Seth Demoor YouTube videos for my shoe searches. I'm comfortable just going to brand websites and ordering new releases but more than Runners World or Running Guru I get caught up in his craziness and it entices me to try shoes.

Just finished up using the Hoka Mach 4, had a nice cushion for forefoot strikes, though I'm usually a mid to heal striker. Very nice shoe. I kinda felt some hot spots on 14 mile runs, hot spots I didn't feel on my ON Cloudflows. But I'm not a good enough tester to be certain it wasn't my socks. Still would not hesitate to do a half-marathon distance in the Hoka.
Thanks!! I'm going to check out his YouTube videos. I saw in another thread an exercise maybe it was that you posted about hip flexors and 100 degree swing or something like that. Do you have a link to that?

Interesting on the Puma's. My husband just got a new pair and said he loves them and are extremely comfortable but he's not wearing them to run.

Hoka is to boxy of a big shoe for me. I've tried on several pairs of ON's and just don't love them. They feel very strange to me.
Appreciate 0