View Single Post
      06-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
ntj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xD

Canadian M240i - Oil change interval

Hey folks,

I've had my M240i for a little under a year now. At around 8,000 km the car indicated it was due for oil change and service, so I had the dealership complete the service (January 2019)

Last week I noticed the car was indicating that an oil change was due again, but the mileage on my car is only around 13,000 km (4,600 km after the last oil change). Dealership was surprised by this and couldn't explain the short intervals, and wondered if the mileage hadn't been reset the first time around. I was told to bring the car in for the oil change regardless. Since there's no cost, I figured I might as well -- more oil changes are better!

It turns out the mileage reset on my car is automatically set to an interval of 4,600 km. The dealership was sure the interval should be every 13,000 km, but couldn't figure out a way to change the interval.

Can any other Canadian owner chime in.... What is the oil change interval on your car?

Thanks.