02-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #49
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
I did install the DSP PC-Tool software - that was no problem. But when I tried to download the standard limousine profile it kept asking me what app did I want to open the file with.

I have tried reading the Sound Tuning magazine but for a complete novice like myself it seems incredibly complicated. Is there any chance you could send me a sound profile that would get me started? I am replacing the underseat subs with these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302454019661?ul_noapp=true

Here are their specs:
• 20 cm (8”) Bass-Speakers
• 180 Watt RMS / 300 Watt MAX.
• Impedance 2 Ohms
• Frequency Response 30 - 300 Hz
• SPL 88 dB @ 1W/1m
• 50 mm (2“) Voice Coil
• Glass Fiber Cone, Nomex Spider
• Mounting Depth: 31 mm
• Mounting Diameter: 192 mm

I have replaced all the other speakers as follows:

Front centre - Eton B100xcn
Front Doors - Eton B100w
Rear Parcel Shelf - Eton B1000xn

Would you have a sound profile that would suit the bill? Something that would get the best out of the subs with their frequency response of 30 - 300 Hz.
Also where should the gain adjustment be set on the amp itself? All the way down as suggested in the manual or all the way up as you see mentioned on many forums.
I would be very grateful for any expertise you can share with me.
Are you double-clicking the aspx file trying to get it to open?

First, before you start the DSP PC-Tool software, you have to connect the amp to your laptop.

Next, start the DSP PC-Tool software. It should show your amp connected.

From the main screen at the top left, you click the "load" button. Then browse for your aspx file. That's how you load the sound profiles to the DSP.

My sound file would probably not sound very good with your setup because I have different speakers and I also have a 10inch sub in the trunk handling all the low bass.

As far as the gain, I would leave it set as it is from the factory until you are more comfortable tuning the system.

You should probably see if you can find a Brax/Helix/Match dealer close to you to get some help tuning the DSP correctly.
Appreciate 0