Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello View Post
Hi OP. Looking at the second to the last picture you posted where i can see the OEM Amp, i noticed on the wheel well right above the amp there's a metal sticking out that looks to be like the factory ground point. Could this be one you were talking about on our private message?
NO, that's NOT the factory ground. But if you follow that wire bundle up, it's up maybe 6-12 inches. I don't have a specific picture, but I attached a picture of the factory ground, circled in red, on my previous M4. It's essentially the same thing on the 2-series. 10mm bolt. You'll probably want to use a ring termination on your ground wire. This lets you have a nice and short ground wire
Hope that helps.
Okay thank you so much for confirming! I was almost sure it was the first location i asked.

Was there anything else connected to it from factory before you used this as your ground for the amp? I ask because it's advised not to share the amp's ground wire to make sure it's clean of any interference. Let me know your thoughts on this...
Appreciate 0