11-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #309
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmcclane View Post
They M2 will be the new M3 and there's only one generation left before you can forget it forever when it becomes FWD. So make that last one right and put a damn S55 with 360 PS in it. A 4cyl. just would be a punch in the face of all the true BMW fans out there who are willing to buy one of these, a N58 would be acceptable but with lack of manners you would expect from a last true M. (M2 and M2GC)
I don't know about GC based on now current 2 Series, but be sure to find an I4 in the M2. This time BMW has time to develop it, so it will be a full M car with different purpose than the M4 with its I6. Only thing you can hope is that the M235i will get the new N58 I6, and not get an I4 too. Why an I4 by M? Because BMW Motorsport engines are based on BMW AG/BMW M engines (i.e. S54>P54, S65>P65,...). The BMW 320 TC (E90) uses the 1.6l I4 based on the MINI Cooper S JCW engine, N18, the race engine is the "same" as the MINI Countryman Cooper S WRC race car. What happened with the M3 DTM? There will come the new regulation and together the new M4 DTM powered this time by a new I4, as those are the new regulations set for 2015. This race engine is based on BMW's future I4. The Lexus RC-F, getting a NA V8 will also get according to the new Japanese regulations, only a 2.0l I4 Turbo in the Lexus RC-F GT500, DTM and GT500 regulations being very close, Lexus is could enter the DTM and compete against BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Remember the M3 E30 DTM with its I4.

Same story as M4 with I6 or V6, BMW finally decided to go I6 to power the M3, M4, X3 M and X4 M, not sure about Z3/Z3 M, the V6 will find its way in another car.
So here again M2 with I4 or I6, count on it being an I4, of course anything can change like it happened with the V6.

M2 with Race I4!
Appreciate 0