View Single Post
      07-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #888
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Hi Selmeralto, Why can’t I have the deadener where the speaker is touching the door frame? I made the opening diameter 5mm smaller all around. Does the speaker really need to be in contact the door frame? The speaker actually has a thin foam around the back.

There’s a bigger (compared to HK) crossover for the tweeter and it’s hidden in the packaging behind the tweeters. I’m an idiot for thinking that the included connector on the tweeter was just wrong. I ended up slicing the connector’s plastic rib (yes idiot) and connecting it directly to the main speaker. With no crossover, I tested it for a few seconds that way. Hope I didn’t screw anything by doing that. Only found out near the end that there was a whole pack of extra stuff behind the tweeters. I’ll take a photo of what was behind.

My layman’s non-audiophile observations….I only had time to change the driver’s side. Tested it and the contrast between the new and the HK is definitely there. The HK is harsh in the sense that there’s so much high treble it seems. But there’s a perceived clarity. The Eton seems a lot less high (too much?) and I find myself cranking the treble setting higher.

I know audiophiles would burn me on a stake but I almost feel like leaving it like that just to have that middle ground. The HK is so high and that in term makes it sound harsh. The Eton seems more mid range.

Of course I will do the other side also but I’m anxiois that I might end up missing some of the higher range. Am I making sense?

The weight of the Eton is like 2x, if not more than, the HK. If that counts for anything. The magnet size is also easily 2x. Can’t believe there’s a premium STP this.

FYI, I was listening to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody and We will rock you.

Last edited by vrooooom; 07-11-2021 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0