View Single Post
      02-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #828
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Match UP-7BMW

does not fit my 2018 M240i (8/17 build) with the HK audio! There are no screw holes in the mounting plate and the main connector is different. WTF! I'll have to return it to Crutchfield.

Update: Doug from MSC America sent me info that wasn't included in the box. There are 2 vertical bars in the amp's supplied connector harness that need to be removed. I sharpened an old narrow blade screwdriver and used it like a chisel. Worked perfectly. The connectors went together perfectly. Found the new mounting plate in the bottom of the box (DOH). Go it all set up and lit it off. Worked fine. Attached the supplied usb cable to the amp and to the (Dell) laptop. Lit off the app and it showed "disconnected."!!! Reloaded the driver, and rebooted. Still no go. Tried a different usb port on the laptop. No go. The laptop chimes when the usb cable is connected to or disconnected from one of the computer's ports Left a message with Doug. I'll keep you updated.

Update: No response from Doug. Called Crutchfield tech support. Not much help though the tech said I did everything right. Sent an email ti AF.

Last edited by MarcoZandrini; 03-07-2020 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0