View Single Post
      12-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #42
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I might order these. Have been e-mailing Don with questions about the set and he seems accessible and like he knows what he's talking about. First off, these are not MB Quart rebrands - they are built in the old Ehmann factory in Germany where the old MB Quart speakers were manufactured. If you guys know about car audio, you know MB Quarts used to be extremely good back in the day.

MB Quart makes a QM200.3BMW which is similar to what you get with BAV Sound. That being said, these are much more expensive than your average drop-in replacement system. Compare the MBQs at $399 for six drivers and two crossovers and $859 for the Jehnert set (which includes the same front sound stage replacement - minus the center channel as no one seems to care about it ).

Don also sells the underseat woofers separately for $459 without crossovers.

Even though these will work as drop-ins (which is probably how I'll start the upgrade), a dedicated amp would be best to run an active setup with proper crossover points.

I think the nice thing about something like this is especially with a lease, you can put the stock system back in and use this for the next car. The BMW lines don't seem to change much from year to year. So this could potentially save me from purchasing upgraded audio on the next Bimmer too.

Last edited by hyperzulu; 12-02-2014 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0