11-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #28
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuan99 View Post
There is no sound deadnening on the doors.
Those are foam insulators/sealers.
I actually had Dynamat sheets with me but elected not to use them on front doors due already existing clearance issue I had with speaker+adapter which as about 25mm thick compared to 20mm thickness of the OEM.
I'm sure it would have fitted as door panels were flexible enough and I did not wanted to have bulging area around the speaker panel area.
I also do not think it ould have make a huge different as the speaker is a bit de-coupled from the door due to the adapter and thick layer of foam insulation that was added.
The rear speakers are not coupled or attached to any metal surface so it will be a waste of money to add deadnening material there.
Thanks for the feedback. Next question - Anyone know if these subwoofers would fit under the seats w/o modification? I have seen other forum threads for 8" replacements, but always with modification (plexiglass, spacers, etc). As a bonus, they are sold as a pair :P

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-10841-s...ofer-pair.aspx