View Single Post
      03-05-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
use Detect CAF for SWE to code the HU, its faster than calculating SVT target.
The steps are okay.
In step 3b write 0x63 to choose NBT.
3g code the HU.

After coding the NBT would work but the features would not be available. If you want you can get the FSC to activate and patch the NBT. I can get the FSC for you.

If you need any assistance PM me.
By the way, few more questions:

1. Because I haven't had the guts yet to tear my car apart, I don't know if I have a proper ATM module. Given that my ENTRYNAV HU has ConnectedDrive capabilities, I would assume I have an ATM module or equivalent. Do you know if this complicates the coding of the donor NBT Evo ID6 unit?

2. Some (or perhaps all) NBT Evo ID6 HU I find for sale online come with a flat connector below the quad lock. I'm guessing the flat connector is to wire the ATM module, but then it's unclear to me whether connecting my (supposedly existing) ATM would work when paired to a non-stock NBT Evo ID unit and if I would need a retrofit quad lock harness with an emulator module.
Regardless if a retrofit harness with an emulator module is required, will I lose ConnectedDrive capabilities?

3. Some NBT Evo ID6 HU I find for sale online also have a blue connector for a GPS antenna, some do not. If I buy one with a blue connector and connect an aftermarket GPS antenna, would I be able to get a GPS signal even if an ATM module is not working properly because not matching the HU?
Appreciate 0