United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
Ok thx - just read all of that, still confused lol. I thought Sport+ turned all the nannies off, in fact in 8 months, never have put in that mode.

How do get most WITHOUT turning off DSC ? I thought that was Sport (NOT "+") without Traction pressed.

(Most being not taking off DSC, but everything else at max)

Guess just clicking on Sport and leaving DSC and esp. DTC on best bet for now, and dont hold for 5 seconds...and the chart on page 1, how do you get between all 3 sport modes ?

Can you run Sport+ and leave DTC and DSC on ?
See post #11. It tells you exactly what each mode does (except ECO). There are no other driving modes or other ways to modify the modes. What you see is what you get. You can't be in Sport+ then hit the traction button expect it to dial back the nannies more. Hitting the traction button takes you out of Sport+ and puts the car in Traction mode.

Sport+ is not all nannies off. There's still intervention and it won't allow you to get way out of control. If you want to get the most out of the car without DSC Off then Sport+ is the mode you want. Sport mode sucks during hard driving. It's very invasive.

I don't run in any of the nanny modes (Comfort, Sport) whether it's wet, dry, snow, etc. Even with higher than stock power, these cars are controllable. You just need to learn what the car is going to do. It takes baby steps to develop that feel. Many of us drove high powered cars without stability control and even ABS. We lived.
Yeah see this world of nannies and computer control is crazy. I am just old enough that my first few cars in life didn't have any of this stuff. Granted they weren't 400 wheel either lol but you get the just.

I am going to flash the tranny tomorrow with XHP map 3 / stage 3.

Were going to find out how much abuse these autos will take.

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0