Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
Tranny Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
For one, 5.0 Coyote`s have a whole slew of issues. They're a great naturally aspirated motor, but they have issues with piston rings and rod bearings. I sure as hell wouldn't strap a blower to one and expect it to last longterm.

I firmly believe that if you want 20% more power than stock, you're better served buying a faster car. It's a lot cheaper in the long run and fewer headaches. Financially, it makes a lot more sense to buy a used M3/4 if you want a reliable 450-500whp in a BMW. Sure, you can buy a Pure Stage 2 turbo and make that level of power but the car will undoubtedly have far more issues and you'll have to trouble shoot a lot of things and very likely spend more money doing it. With the M3/4, it's essentially a Stage 2 setup and is plenty powerful for the street.
Sorry one more question I meant to ask-

Will running the XHP tune on my tranny make it more resilient to hard driving by increasing torque limits and improving shift points or will this place more burden on the transmission by forcing it to perform harder?

Basically does the tune HELP the tranny long term or HURT the tranny long term?

Not sure if I would be asking too much of it, or preparing it to handle its workload better.

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0