View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #15
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Dan Fitzgerald owns Diffsonline and is an excellent aftermarket vendor - I can recommend him without reservation. He's done a number of diffs for me for various cars. He may ask why you want a 3-clutch pack diff if you're not going to the track (or he may not). Note that he gets busy as race season gets going. Although, the last time I was in there he'd hired an assistant, so maybe his turnaround time in the spring is shorter than it used to be.

I go to the track and Dan recommended the Wavetrac; given that mine is a street car, I would have been surprised if he hadn't. If you do go with a clutch-pack diff, you may want to ask for the expected length of the rebuild intervals - that's something I'd want to know, anyway, along with the cost of a rebuild.

I paid a discounted $2,235 shipped for a Wavetrac - so, probably not that much different compared to a discounted M Performance unit? I think someone here said he got an M Perf unit for $2K from one of the dealers that discounts aggressively - no idea if that included shipping.
Thanks! Very helpful.
Appreciate 0