Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M240i, Estoril Blue

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMc View Post
I am planning to order a 2019 M240i and am interested in the most recent opinions...

Most [prior BMWs] have been manual transmissions though the latest (M235i) has an automatic, which I have actually enjoyed.
I drove MTs before my M240i. But, as great as the 8ZF is, I'd never go back to a manual. At least 50% of the time I drive it in manual mode with the console shifter, but otherwise automatic in traffic.

Quote:
1st question is between the RWD and XDrive.
Car & Driver did a thorough and instrumented comparison a couple of years ago. Check it out! I'd go RWD unless you truly need AWD.

Quote:
2nd question is the Estoril Blue color. I love it in person. What do people who have this color think? Any post-purchase regrets? Does it show dirt?
There's a reason it won the recent color poll on here by a landslide. Mine is EB; it doesn't disappoint over time. Excellent at hiding dirt.

Quote:
3rd question is Euro Delivery. I have done this in years past and it was a good deal... Is it still worthwhile?
Worthwhile only if you're wanting a Euro vacation, I expect?

Quote:
4th and final question... How is the normal sound system?
Dunno. It took me over a year even to try out my upgraded HK system. It's been 'ON' exactly once.

'19 MX-5 Miata GT-S soft top
Past BMWs: two '57 Isetta 300s, '70 1600, '72 Bavaria, '78 320i, '18 M240i
Appreciate 0