View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
DistantTea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMc View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]I have had a number of BMWs over the years (e.g., M3, other 3 series, 135i, M235). Most have been manual transmissions though the latest (M235i) has an automatic, which I have actually enjoyed.

I am planning to order a 2019 M240i and am interested in the most recent opinions on this particular model and year for a few topics. Yes, I have searched this and other forums on these questions. The car will be a daily driver and never tracked.

1st question is between the RWD and [COLOR="Blue"]XDrive[/COLOR]. I have never owned an xDrive or any other AWD. I do have an old Toyota truck which can be put in 4WD. We live in the PNW and change between winter and summer tires.

2nd question is the [COLOR="blue"]Estoril Blue[/COLOR] color. I love it in person. What do people who have this color think? Any post-purchase regrets? Does it show dirt? Virtually all of my prior BMWs have been Apline White.

3rd question is [COLOR="blue"]Euro Delivery[/COLOR]. I have done this in years past and it was a good deal. What about NOW? Is it still worthwhile? Any other current promotions to be aware of (e.g., have used my USAA membership in the past)?

4th and final question is the [COLOR="blue"]sound system[/COLOR]. I don't want the "Premium Package (PP)," but have usually ordered the HK sound system on previous builds when available. Looks like I cannot the HK without the PP. How is the normal sound system?

Thank you in advance for your opinions. Much appreciated.
[/COLOR]
I have a 2019 M240i xDrive. I chose the xdrive version because Ohio weather can suck and my driving style prefers that particular setup during spirited driving.

I basically chose what other people would consider the softest of all the m240 builds by choosing the automatic transmission and all season square setup on an xdrive car. I don't regret it much because traffic sucks and the automatic transmission is super nice these days. My only regret is the default unchangeable speed limiter that comes with the square all season setup... not that I plan on going over 130 but just knowing I can't regardless of what tires/wheels/location I'm at makes me a little regretful.

I will be adding the factory lsd soon for even more grip. Since my car is a daily driver warranty and reliability is my first priority for the next three years.

*edit*
I think the HK system sucks. It has no place in a $50k+ car. But the stock system is worse. You really don't have a choice but to get the HK system unless you are going to pour serious money into the amps and speakers to do your own thing.
Appreciate 0