View Single Post
      08-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #47
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCarNut View Post
Not sure of the confusion here. The factory rates the engine at the crank at 240hp. When I dyno'd my car, its output (bone stock in 100 degree heat) was 228-230 in 3 baseline runs. Are you/we to believe that the cars are so efficient that the drive train parasitic loss is only 9.5%? I truly do not think so........
Think again... They dynoed on their dyno setup (whatever brand/model) their way based on DIN testing. You dynoed on a different dyno, probably a different brand, under different conditions. You might not even know what testing procedure you or they used.

You can't compare your numbers against their numbers... unless you used the same model dyno, under the same conditions, using the same testing method.

For example... I was watching a Dinan video about how they test. In the background, they had a car on a dyno. This dyno didn't use rollers. The rear wheels were taken off and dyno was bolted to the axle hubs. Was your dyno runs done this way, or was it on rollers?

No matter how much you want to believe your numbers, those numbers can be higher or lower depending on the dyno brand/model, conditions, and testing procedures. So unless you're sure you numbers were gotten the same way BMW got their power numbers, your numbers can't be used for comparison against theirs.