TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn123 View Post
I will. Honestly, I am miserable with the 8 AT on my M235. I thought I would get used to it but after 40+ years of only driving manuals, both on the street and at driving events / competitively, I am still missing the feel of the manual. Although the ZF 8 speed is really quite good, I can tell I am not getting the most out of the car and really cannot get in sync with the autobox.... Might be a personal problem...LOL.

Agreed regarding approaching from the rear.... The more I think about it though, the less I care; based on what I have read, the driving experience will more than make up for it; I typically do not care much about what a car looks like, it is all about how it feels and performs. That is what sold me on the 2 Series; it is really a great car. I'll find a car (M3) to take out and if it is what I expect, I may break my tradition of keeping my car for at least 10 years and spring for it. Not getting any younger...
I empathize with you on manuals. So much so, that I had to get a muscle car with a 4spd manual to thrash thru the gears.
Appreciate 2
dradernh4414.50