View Single Post
      01-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #17
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
I'm not sure what you mean use a summer style tire in all 4 seasons? or use an ultra high performance all season.
the PS4 is not available in the OEM rim size only the PS2.
The bridgestone RE980 seems to be a better fit than the RE71R for my uses.

For my situation the Premier is a better bet than the Pilots, and the Continental purecontact is better than the DWS it seems.
The Yokohama Avid beats both in the wet but the others beat it elsewhere. The continental is more luxurious than the michelin which is firmer.

None are RFT's which is a concern as this is my daily and I use it to shuttle people often where getting stranded (no spare no jack no nothing) would be an issue.

I'm going to avoid the pilot AS3 of course

Seth
Oh man, please stay away from runflats. I blew out 2 sidewalls in less than 6 months with my current car and I blew one out on my last E92. It is a very common occurance with RFT's according to my BMW dealership and the guys at my local Discount Tire. The sidewalls are so stiff that if you hit a hard bump or pothole, there's nowhere for the tire to flex so the air has to move somewhere, and that somewhere is outward. RFT bulges are very common and to replace them are VERY expensive ($300+ per tire). I have BMW roadside assistance along with roadside assistance with my insurance company. On long road trips I carry a full size 5th wheel/tire and scissor jack in my trunk just in case I get a flat in the middle of nowhere without any cell phone reception.
Appreciate 0