03-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #18
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipes View Post
I have gloss black and swirls do occur. So have to lightly polish or use a product to hide swirls before waxing. Another idea that i was thinking of doing is roof in vvivid 5d carbon fiber, the fin and rails gloss black. This is the same look as the M roofs
Thanks for the backup.

Fact is: it'll look as pretty as the work you put into keeping it clean. If you do what Xiaoxi does, yeah, it'll stay pristine for a while. For the rest of us (read: most of us) who don't hand-wash their cars weekly, etc., gloss black vinyl will swirl -- and the methods to take swirling and scratches out of paint don't work all that well with vinyl. Once scratched, always scratched.

I've got several friends with wrapped roofs, and I know the owners of two well-known car-wrap companies in the DFW area. I'm just passing on what they've told me (and this advice is why I never wrapped my 370z's roof, though I wanted to. BADly.)
Appreciate 0