Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2THIRTY5 View Post
I think this thread needs some updates Dylan86
Small project I can get on right now with the isolation in effect.. Car is in storage for another few weeks and moving to our new house where is can rest peacefully inside a garage again. I'll definitely be button'ing up a few loose ends. Gotta get the car plated in Ontario, so will need a safety cert. and then I can get it on the road "officially". Offices are shut down for a couple of weeks to help flatten this Covid-19 curve.

Also have some some maintenance planned once moved:

Spark Plugs - Second set of 97506's, currents have about 30k kms of hard driving/ meth..

Brake Fluid Flush - 6 track days, time for fresh juice - Motul RBF660

Oil Change - Mahle Filter w/ LM top tec 5w30

Coolant expansion tank hose - because preventative maintenance pays

Cabin air filter - Current is original

Debadging the rear "m235i" logo and side skirt decals for a cleaner look.

Full chassis/engine bay/interior detail, will then send it to my buddy for the exterior polish.

Once the car is out and this lockdown is over I'll be adding a BM3 backend flash to my current JB4/meth setup. Been waiting a while, it's time now. The car can handle the increase in power. As it is I was able to fully stretch its legs at every track day, seeing some potential to shave a couple of seconds off on the straights. Also looking forward to more low/mid range which the flash tunes are good at providing. With the 6" race core, it's a bit laggy if I want to hold 3rd at 3k rpm through a turn, and feel the flash tune will help.

Aside from all of this, I intend on eventually getting another pair of 18x9.5" et43's for the front to run a square tire setup. That was always my plan, but at least I have the wheels to test fit them, now. All I'll require is a smaller spacer (7.5mm-8mm) and I think it'll work. I've since had the fenders rolled/pulled front and rear. My local street class series which is fairly active only allows Trofeo R's, so if tha'ts what I'm left with, I'll run 265/35 since they run about the same as a 255/35 RE71R.

Here's a couple of cell (i8 )pics from fall of last year..

Rainy day road trip to Toronto for the fender pull/roll

Last track day of the year, perfect conditions! Also post fender pull/roll, check out the new clearance up front

Last edited by Dylan86; 04-09-2020 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 2