03-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elro View Post
About to pull the trigger on a MPE for my M235 and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on who could install it in the area
Appreciate any suggestions.
M235guy is correct; it's not hard for a DIYer -- but only if you have the proper tools and can lift the car.

Three options, in order of what I'd do:
1). Contact the local BMW CCA Chapter: Lone Star BMW CCA. Get involved and see if anyone's organizing even an informal weekend wrenching session. Chances are good there'll be a few in the spring.

2). Take your car to an independent shop that has BMW experience. In DFW, the best choices are probably either Autoscope or Eurosport Automotive. Both are known to be pricey -- but nothing like a dealer will be.

3). Take your car to any reputable muffler shop. It's an easy fit, so any shop worth anything should be able to handle the job. (I wouldn't do this, though; I'd opt for a shop with BMW experience, even if it meant paying more)
Appreciate 0