View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #101
cmkde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 15' M4

Saying the 1 looks better than the 2 or the 2 looks better than the 1 is a losing argument. Not to compare attributes but it's almost like saying someone with a c6 vette doesn't like the new stingray or vice versa. Some of it may be actual taste but I think when something new comes along which is SUPPOSED to be evolution in style is often liked because people tend to vote with their wallets. In addition, whatever is new will get a bump in popularity over the old because that's how society often works, you aren't cool because you got the new toy just like you aren't cooler for saying I'm sticking with the older.

If you bought a 2 series much like myself did, I don't think it has anything to do with finances. I think it means you literally voted with your wallet because you could have bought a 1 series. Or someone with a 1 could have traded towards a 2. The fact that people actually try to assign opinion to looks of a car is rather amusing. Buy and drive what you like and have fun, be thankful you're arguing over performance cars and not stuck with a 14' corolla.
Appreciate 0