View Single Post
      03-10-2019, 04:21 AM   #3180
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
I am about to get a baby Glock to conceal carry.

Anyone who conceal carries or just started conceal carrying care to share random info they wish they knew? or just any random info?
Why would you ask a person who just started to do conceal and carry? You need the experienced people to explain the good and the bad.

One big thing I would say is shoot the gun with the ammo you plan to use through it. People shoot ball round which is cheap.. and save the expensive stuff for carry. You really need to know if your firearm is reliable with the ammo you shoot! It is expensive but long run it can save your life.

You also may need different guns for carry.. When wearing shorts, I use to carry a 380. Now I appendix carry a S&W shield or MP9C. Just picked up a P365 to try out. Be sure to buy quality holsters.. Not the Uncle Mike crap holsters. I like kydex but some people like leather..

I tend to like OWB holsters if I can conceal them with a untucked shirt or jacket.

Practice practice practice your draw with your gun unloaded. Need to be smooth at it and create muscle memory. This is great because you don't need to be at a range to practice.

Hope this helps.. There's so much more to learn. I'd take a class on it if I were you.. It is fun and educational.
Appreciate 1