View Single Post
      05-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #67
selmeralto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantalias View Post
Why not put Etons in the rear too? Was it just cost or is there some difference in mounting?
That's a great question. It was kind of serendipity. I was initially concerned to find speakers that would fit physically in the back. The JLAudios were recommended and they went in without any problem whatsoever.

They are also brighter than the Etons and, after I installed them, I liked that. The Etons are very smooth speakers with a clearly defined lower end but the Etons are, shall we say, refined at the upper end, especially compared with the over-the-top HK tweeters. So I was glad to add the JLAudios, whose top end is a little more pronounced. The fader control helps to balance the audio spectrum. The end result is a nice, easy-to-listen-to system with lots of clarity throughout - which addresses one of the HK system's major deficiencies, what Solarphil describes below as "blurry smear."

It also happened that the JLAudios were about $100/pair compared with about $250/pair for the Etons but I didn't choose the JLAudios for that reason.

I don't know about mounting the Etons in the back. I'm guessing they'd fit but I just don't know. But since the combination of Eton/JLAudio sounds good I personally would recommend using the JLs in the back. The savings are a bonus.

Last edited by selmeralto; 08-10-2016 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 1