01-19-2022, 08:13 PM   #10
matter57
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Nice – thanks for posting! The car's suspension appears to be very responsive to your inputs. When you're on a track where jumping curbs is the quick way around, my experience is that there's nothing like motorsport-quality shocks to make those transitions a piece of cake.

From what I've seen here on 2addicts, there aren't very many owners doing track days, and even fewer are creating and posting videos of their laps. I wish there were more.

I think many owners aren't aware of what they're missing by not attending track days at their local race tracks. The opportunities offered at those events are so much more than a driver will ever realize from his or her car on public roads. It's a shame that videos convey only a modest impression of what a lap on the track is really like, and that's regardless of the car running the lap.
What you're saying is so true about people not knowing what they're missing. I'm just getting into car driving here in the PNW but I come from riding motorcycle track days for the past 13 years. I do about 20 track days a year and I can say unequivocally that riders become faster, safer and far more skilled than riders who don't track. The controlled environment, focus, like minded community and of course the coaching makes it an incredibly fun and educational experience. I usually get 7-10 days of 1 on 1 coaching with bikes and plan on doing similar in my car. Oh, and my motorcycle track skills are all almost all 100% transferable to cars. Everything except body position. Track driving is huge fun and yeah, everybody should try it....then welcome to your new addiction.
2015 228i w/track package, MCS 2 way NonRemote Dampers, new bmw long block, VRSF catless downpipe, AR Mtrsports oil pan baffle, Ground Control camber plates, Apex ARC-8 18 x8.5 wheels, ET45 with 5mm spacer in front only, Schroth Quick Fit Pro harnesses
Appreciate 1
dradernh4414.50