View Single Post
      02-01-2021, 09:58 AM   #3
smchuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Nice – thanks for posting! The car's suspension appears to be very responsive to your inputs. When you're on a track where jumping curbs is the quick way around, my experience is that there's nothing like motorsport-quality shocks to make those transitions a piece of cake.

From what I've seen here on 2addicts, there aren't very many owners doing track days, and even fewer are creating and posting videos of their laps. I wish there were more.

I think many owners aren't aware of what they're missing by not attending track days at their local race tracks. The opportunities offered at those events are so much more than a driver will ever realize from his or her car on public roads. It's a shame that videos convey only a modest impression of what a lap on the track is really like, and that's regardless of the car running the lap.
Agree. My 230i was first sportier car Ive owned and when I bought it I didn't even know what tracking was about. I just fell into tracking and now I'm totally hooked. Our cars are so capable and like you said few owners ever take them out on a track. My first season was on runlets. Second season MPSS and upgrade to M sport brakes and HPS pads. Thinking suspension might be next. PittRace, Mid Ohio, Nelson Ledges, NCM this summer. Very excited.
Appreciate 1
dradernh4413.00