View Single Post
      09-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #31
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
When I had the summer tires I was picking up a lot of nail punctures and side-wall bubbles. With the Michelin A/S +3 I've have not picked up any nails, and don't think any tire bubbles - which could be, I guess, driver error, but I picked up bubbles on depressions and gaps between lanes, not from potholes or hitting curbs.

Could be coincidence or the sticky summer tires attracted nails.

I do want to go back to summer Michelins, the M235 on the PSS is noticeably a better car then on all-season.
I don't think that's the factor of the tires. Yes, the MPSS is sticky, but that makes it no different then any other tire if you hit a nail. Very small rocks can get embedded in the tread though, but that's pretty normal for most any summer tires.

I had 235/40R18 MPSS tires on my 2012 WRX for about 2.5 years and 25K miles and they didn't pick up any nails or had any other damage. I've got 2.5 years and almost 30K miles on my M235's MPSS tires and no nails/damage. Kansas City has some pretty rough potholes and pavement cuts, especially with all the road work going on in my area for the past 3 years.

My biggest gripe with the MPSS tire, any other summer tire for that matter, is that they get darty as they wear and the tread is finally giving up it's grip as the rubber has aged quite rapidly in the past few months. The MPSS is only good for about 2.5 years before the rubber is dried out and overly heat cycled.