View Single Post
      09-13-2018, 12:17 AM   #27
Rosseau
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xdrive

The current 2-series owners manual is not exactly a fountain of information. They should really add a supplement for the M-oriented cars. Nothing on staggering tires I could find.
Ah, the S2000. That car has probably gone up in value!

Right now, the Continentals are $200 less than a set of P4S. We'll see in the Spring. I appreciate your patience with my questions, and just blow me off as needed, as I don't want to become an annoyance on this forum. That said, here are more questions:

1. No track days, but including real world wet/dry performance. Rate a 1-10 my current P7 A/S RFT versus Conti and/or P4S. I'm trying to ascertain whether the hassle of a Spring change of tires is worth it in terms of non-hard core but maybe 8/10ths.

2. Same question on handling, but now the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus versus the P7 A/S RFT?

3. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus versus Conti/P4S. Result could mean just sticking with the A/S all the time unless big diff in handling.

4. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus versus P7 A/S RFTs in snow. I am coming to accept despite xdrive, it's really all about the tires.

5. What is the benefit or any drawbacks of staggering my 225/40/18s and what size(s) do you recommend?

Thanks again for any answers. This forum is already increasing my enjoyment of my new car.
Appreciate 0