Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI
You may want to talk to a good tuner if you want to find out how far you can push it without breaking your manufacturer's warranty if that's an issue. The problem is that no tuning product design shop has a business plan that justifies much time spent on developing 50-state legal products for a SULEV engine that only exists in about three states (I believe). You will have to get past the N26's self-imposed restrictions if you want to jury rig something like a Dinan S4 Big Turbo tune designed for the N20. Dinan will wink and tell you it's possible but I wonder if they would allow their vendors to do this to your N26.
Oh wow thanks your like a bank of knowledge thank you very much really quick so because I have xdrive I can't do anything with the suspension ???
Well I don't think the Dinan performance suspension is offered for 4WD but I cannot speak for other products. I have to say, I am not optimistic. If you really want to tune your car very aggressively, I am afraid you have the wrong platform. I am very happy with the mods I've done on my N26, which now has all the performance I need for the street but I have to say -- sorry -- that the performance suspension is the most radical and transformative mod I've done and the one I appreciate the most, as much as the tune. At least you can still do a N26 Stage 1 tune, which is well worth it. The Dinan tune is very high quality and the way it tweaks boost values is really effective.
thank and yeah I didn't know at the time there ordered my car that's they switch from n20 to n26 but that's life
Appreciate 0