06-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #8
bmays909
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn123 View Post
bmays,

I think you are on the right track looking at having a qualified indie mechanic take care of these maintenance items. You should be able to save enough money to get a decent set of high performance tires and wheels. If you have the inclination, most maintenance items are relatively straightforward and can be handled with a modest set of tools, and a low profile hydraulic jack. There are plenty of good on-line tools as well to assist you if you choose to roll up your sleeves and dig in.

With the dealer, you are paying for the convenience, a decent loaner vehicle, good coffee in the commissary and the assurance that you are getting OEM parts and fluids (which of course you can buy yourself as well).

Good luck with your decision and congratulations on your purchase! You bought an awesome car...
Yes, I am actually planning attempting to do most of these repairs myself, I know there are plenty of YouTube videos instructing how to do so. Thank you for the advice, and thank you, I fell in love with it as soon as I test drove it!
Appreciate 0