View Single Post
      01-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #27
vexingv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i xdrive

i gave up with BMW Labs and IFTTT, but i think the feature had become deprecated anyway. i've renewed bmw connected services, the cheapest package, the past two years mainly so that i can use the remote services like locking my doors via the app when i forget or am unsure if i locked my car. i am able to send locations to myself if i use the connectedrive app from my phone and search for my destination there. i haven't been able to use google maps' share function/send to car, but honestly don't even know if that's supported anymore.

these days, the majority of the time, i use Google Maps on my android phone for navigation. on rare occasions if i'm going home and having an issue with google maps on my phone, i'll use the idrive navigation as i have a shortcut programmed one of the numbered button that directs me to home.

i'm also really annoyed/fed up with how BMW has implemented bluetooth audio in idrive 5.0 at least for android--i'm only able to hear audio from certain apps or only able to hear navigational sounds when those apps are playing, various video apps do not output sound at all via bluetooth.
Appreciate 0