Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
Haven't been following the previous post.
Anyway, don't you think if you've been doing intermittent fasting your body may be conserving fat / mass to maintain the balances it has become accustomed to ?

What would you guess the length of time it takes for a change in diet or eating habits to show long term results ? six-months or six-years ?

Finally, does anyone really know what kind of diet works ? Or what constitutes an ideal diet ?

Anyway, keep trying new things. Keep experimenting with foods and exercise. And don't take as fact any one thing concerning diet and exercise and rely on your intuition and assess your wellbeing. Individuals can accomplish remarkable results.
I have no idea. It doesn't help that if you ask 10 people how to lose weight you will get 10 different answers. I have done just low carb without IF and had similar results. I lose 10-15 lbs and then stop losing. When I don't do "anything" and eat whatever I tend to stay around 260-270 and then no matter what I seem to do I drop down to around 250 and stop losing. I understand one can stall and many times I might go a week or two where I don't lose anything then drop several pounds the week after, however once I hit 250 that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I was mainly trying the IF for joint pain relief as I have also heard that helps and I think it did help with that, but didn't do much for weight loss over just low carb. I have also done calorie counting. At my heaviest I almost got to 300 lbs and started counting calories. It was miserable but I dropped down to high 240s (lowest I can recall being) and have not gone back up to close to 300 since (that was probably a decade ago).
Try a workout program focused on strength rather than weight loss. Obviously maintain eating relatively healthy, but just throwing that out there. Don't focus on the weight, focus on getting stronger. More muscle the more fat you'll burn.

Not sure if you have already tried this, but it's a longer road. Once that muscle mass is built, it helps keep the weight off. Sounds like your metabolism is becoming stagnant. You need a spark to get shit going.

Just an idea.
Appreciate 1