View Single Post
      02-29-2020, 12:46 PM   #84
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Match UP-7BMW

...does not fit my 2018 M240i (July 2017 build.) The factory bracket has slots and the factory amp has tabs. Also, the main connector is different, same shape, but the pins' location is slightly different than the amp's connector.

Update: I received an email from Doug Dobson of MSC. That’s the company that’s either importing these amps or providing US support. The bracket issue was my stupidity for not pulling everything out of the box! The bracket was there and the installation was straightforward. Doug also provided me with a picture of the AF connector modification. Basically, the AF main connector has 2 extra vertical bars inside the connector. I sharpened an old flat blade screwdriver and shaved off the extra plastic. The connector and the factory connector went together without a hitch. BUT, the AF V4 software would not recognize the amp. Yes, I installed the 64 bit driver (laptop runs Windows 10 version 1909, a 64 bit version). And yes, the green LED on the amp was illuminated. The laptop chimed when I either plugged the AF usb cable into the computer or removed from the computer. This tells me the computer (Windows) recognized they amp. However, whenever I used the AF software it always show “disconnected” at the top. I tried rebooting, etc. Nothing worked. I am awaiting an email from Doug. I will keep this post up to date.

Update: it works! I worked with Doug Dobson of MSC America. The problem was that while the driver (64 bit ACO) was loaded but it wasn’t installed. I went to the events list and clicked on “driver loaded.” This installed the driver!! I then loaded a few of the .apfx files from various posters on this forum. Settled on one .apfx file and mod’d. The software is amazing, very simple to use. So, I’m a happy camper!?👍
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Factory amp and bracket.pdf (32.8 KB, 327 views)

Last edited by MarcoZandrini; 03-10-2020 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0