05-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexingv View Post
what should i do?
bring to a shop for a more thorough flush that includes cycling ABS? (probably will be bringing car in for an alignment after replacing my tension struts so i could probably have this done at the same time)
bench bleed the master cylinder? i don't really know the process and whether i could (or want to) do it myself, but this topic did come up on searches for "air in master cylinder"
3. pressure bleed the system again with another bottle of brake fluid?
4. don't worry about it. this is a daily driver, although some spirited driving on freeways, this is not a track toy so i don't expect/need every bit of performance
Nothing to worry about, we've all done that. It's just some air, that's what flushing is for. Plus, when you had the lines off the system was all air anyway.

I'd go with #3 -- you already have the pressure bleeder and want to learn to DIY. What's another bottle of brake fluid to learn a new skill :-)

Annoyingly I've found that a full flush on our cars with stock brakes is juuuust a bit over 1L of fluid. Which with the fluid I use is 2 bottles and a hair. Which of course means a 3rd bottle dangling around waiting for a partial bleed...
Appreciate 0