02-12-2020, 07:26 PM   #33
wfujay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandri View Post
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ut-MSS-Springs

Found this post from last year on vwvortex, similar spring setup on the golf R and exact same range of adjustment. Also emailed MSS for more info on the F22 set. They didn't really answer my questions with any detail other than they adjust from 10-30mm down from stock (but didn't say it was stock m235i rwd ride height, just + or -3mm depending on stock 'option'). They also said the springs are designed to work in harmony with non-active and active (edc) suspension. Seemed like a very vague and marketing type response. Given all that and the additional cost over already tried and tested springs, I am definitely waiting for someone else to guinea pig these on an m235i first before considering further. They also didnt answer my question on how much stiffer than stock, but I'm not surprised given the rest of the emails vagueness
I've had standard springs on MANY cars, and I can personally tell you that these MSS springs are in a completely different league. The ride quality and performance is more on par with a nice set of coilovers. They almost completely eliminated dive during hard breaking and squat during launches, and feed back and cornering was instant and planted. Comfort levels were as good as if not better than stock even though the springs were noticeably stiffer. It was kind of odd actually.

The fact that they keep their spring rates proprietary is their decision, make of it what you will, but they definitely deliver.

Like I said, the only gripe I had was the drop of the front springs, but they were so good otherwise I just dealt with it.
Appreciate 0