Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburg View Post
I placed an order for a 2018 230i - a specific build - in the last week of April. I spoke to my sales person yesterday and was told that there were no allocations for the month of May, and "let's see what happens in June". He went on to say that this is an issue nationwide.
Interesting.

I placed an order for a low-spec 2018 M240i the same day you posted this (Tue., 5/22). The salesman said they were out of '18 2-Series allocations, but that they have relationships with dealers all over the region. So he called up on his screen the remaining 2018 allocations belonging to those other dealers and then asked me to sit tight while his sales manager started calling to see who would trade/give them one.

I don't know which dealer gave it up, but he came back, said "No problem.", and then wrote up the order.

I'd gone in assuming I'd be ordering a 2019, and they'd assumed that I didn't want to order a 2018. Before making it clear that I wanted a car sooner rather than later, the salesman told me that 2019 allocations were expected to be made available sometime in June, production is planned to begin sometime in July, and delivery could be expected in September. He didn't have firm dates for the first two, just the month. He also said to assume an 8-10 week time frame for delivery.
this is good to hear there are still some 2018 2 series allocations to be had. I'm thinking the incentives might be better on them too since it's the end of the model year.
Appreciate 0