Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
Buddy, I'm fully aware that the M division originated in Motorsports. The reality though is that it is YOU who are oblivious. Let me put it real simple for you to understand - if the BMW M division was 100% faithful to their heritage, there would be no consumer M cars at all. Therefore ANY street, non-motorsport compliant M car is a violation of the original BMW M division intent. THEREFORE, going back to the original argument made, the X1M cannot violate the original heritage, because said heritage was altered the moment the division put out an M street car model. So all these M models you guys wax poetic about are technically an abomination in the eyes of "true" M purists who (if they are upholding then original intent) would advocate that no consumer M cars should ever have been made. Get it now?
I never mentioned the X1M, the original argument was because of this post which is completely wrong:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but the intent of the M division was not Motorsports in the first place.
I'll admit I should have been more precise when I said "M division" - I was referring to the M consumer/street car division. Obviously to this day, BMW still has a separate competition M division, but that is irrelevant to this discussion as when the argument is made that the X1M violates the purity of "true" M cars, the reference is made to the M cars made for the street.
Appreciate 0